Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!... and "What's that orange stuff?"


I am happy to report that the first day of kindergarten (which is, in reality, only three hours long) went successfully!

Was I concerned? Not much. Occasionally, I thought there would be some separation anxiety (even though that's never been an issue with my WONDERFUL daughters), but they didn't even require a good-bye hug when I took them to their classrooms.

Let's rewind for a moment - this is their third school - preschool was had for a year and a half previously. But this is big kid school. (Did anyone ever notice how fifth graders look really big?)

Have I mentioned that Wendi and Hailie are BRILLIANT?! Wendi notices absolutely everything. It is an unusual gift; she sees when people need something or if something isn't quite right... I love this talent of hers!

Today she said, "Mom, what's the orange stuff by the garage door?"
Me: "What orange stuff?" I look around and see nothing orange.
Hailie: "Right THERE, Mom!"
Me: "Uh, don't see any-" WAIT! Um, haven't been paintballing in a while, but pretty sure I know what THOSE are! (only one pictured... there are two more)

5 comments:

Margie said...

your girls are gorgeous! glad they enjoyed their first day at kindergarten!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I LOVE your kids. And that picture is absolutely priceless.

I'm glad you all had a great first day. :-D

Jenn said...

I am glad the first day was a success!

Sarah said...

i had no idea you had a blog :D glad I found you :D

Kristen said...

kindergarten is only 3 hours long?! ugh. Here it is the full 6. Mandatory. Even though in California, Kindergarten isn't even REQUIRED!

I think it's just parents pushing for an all day, free sitter.

hope they love it!